2002 Glaston 4.3 Volvo Impeller shredded finding pieces everywhere, running hot

wolffywolf

Cadet
New impeller, new thermastat, back flushed most areas, took risers off, temp gradually builds till warning charm comes on. Risers cool, manifolds good pushing 1-2 water at therm inlet from raw pump, large hose coming off ciculating pump pretty warm. Could circulating pump get plugged with impeller debris?? Any other areas? exhaust outlets? Apprec input Dan

wolffywolf

Cadet
Re: 2002 Glaston 4.3 Volvo Impeller shredded finding pieces everywhere, running hot

Don, I see by one of your posts you're not hi on sierra impellers, I to was sold one of these , (kit #18-3081) for my 2002 4.3 volvo which I'm having a hard time cooling, Am getting 1-2" push thru raw pump hose , will have to test pressure. Opinion?? Dan

Ok, Was able to return Sierra impeller from dealer. Went to the Volvo-Penta Dealer got an original Volvo impeller, the two impellers looked identical. But vwella it dropped my tempiture like 10 degrees and holds it at 172degrees, cooler at full throttle. Problem solved. Thanks for the heads up on these suttle differences. Well worth the added price $60 vs 32. I screwed with this all week-end , main thing is we got it, Thanks again:)

wolffywolf

Cadet
Re: 2002 Glaston 4.3 Volvo Impeller shredded finding pieces everywhere, running hot

Don, I see by one of your posts you're not hi on sierra impellers, I to was sold one of these , (kit #18-3081) for my 2002 4.3 volvo which I'm having a hard time cooling, Am getting 1-2" push thru raw pump hose , will have to test pressure. Opinion?? Dan

Ok, Was able to return Sierra impeller from dealer. Went to the Volvo-Penta Dealer got an original Volvo impeller, the two impellers looked identical. But vwella it dropped my tempiture like 10 degrees and holds it at 172degrees, cooler at full throttle. Problem solved. Thanks for the heads up on these suttle differences. Well worth the added price $60 vs 32. I screwed with this all week-end , main thing is we got it, Thanks again:)
Again thanks for heads-up OEM vs generic