Volvo penta IPS.. just for interest..

trog100

Senior Chief Petty Officer
www.ybw.com/auto/newsdesk/20041101132742mbynews.html<br /><br />looks "interesting".. looks a bit dangerous too.. he he..<br /><br />if u hit anything and it snaps off it might pay to tie a bit of rope to it.. or only hit things in shallow water.. ???<br /><br />still they have obviously put some thought into it..<br /><br />trog100

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Volvo penta IPS.. just for interest..

Hmmmmm, ya must have missed this post about 15 posts down. Volvo IPS drives

f_inscreenname

Commander

I don't think it will work for me. I would have a hard time getting it on a trailer without dragging the drive up the ramp. <br />It is nice to see outdrive company's trying to advance there stuff. Seems like there hasn't been many changes over the years or at least not as many as they have made to motors.

trog100

Senior Chief Petty Officer

yep must have missed it.. probably cos it says volvo on it.. i must admit to paying more attention to mercruiser stuff..<br /><br />still.. another bit of forum lore says that the busier a forum gets (as all good ones are) the quicker stuff disappears of the first page and if it aint at the top of the first page it (mostly) dont get read.. so no harm done..<br /><br />a little tip for forum newcomers is that if your question aint bin answered by the time it gets half way down the first page is it aint likely to be.. just put a little "reply" in it to whoosh it back to the top.. <br /><br />whoosh.. trog100