2000 volvo penta dpx-a outdrive HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

imdarin

Recruit
I just bought a 2000 eliminator eagle that has the volvol penta dpx 600 motor,with a dpx-a out drive gearing 1.5.9 high out put...my problem is that the second time out the out drive just gurnaded into two peices, why I dont know, boat onlyn has 125 hours on it...my question is can I replace the out drive with a different type of out drive other then a dpx the dpx is priced at 18,000 they are out of thier minds....Please help...

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: 2000 volvo penta dpx-a outdrive HELP!!!

Nothing that will put up with 560 HP. That is why they use the high performance drive with that engine.

Joeboatva

Recruit

I just bought a 2000 eliminator eagle that has the volvol penta dpx 600 motor,with a dpx-a out drive gearing 1.5.9 high out put...my problem is that the second time out the out drive just gurnaded into two peices, why I dont know, boat onlyn has 125 hours on it...my question is can I replace the out drive with a different type of out drive other then a dpx the dpx is priced at 18,000 they are out of thier minds....Please help...

I have a 1.59 SN: 3102190815 DPX drive that we had as a spare for a boat when testing for gear ratios. It might have 5 hours on it. Its in brand new condtion. This is a great drive system and you could not go with another drive without replacing everthing from the motor back (Transom Shield)

imdarin

Recruit

how do i get in touch with you joe?

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Please use the PM's (private messages) for personal deals, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.