Volvo Remote Tilt/Trim Switch

rwidman

Lieutenant
Volvo has a remote tilt/trim switch that can be mounted on the transom. This would be handy for raising and lowering the drive without climbing into the boat (it's on a trailer). I have seen photos and at one time I had the Volvo part number but I seem to have misplaced it. I've tried the Volvo website but it's not the best for finding such information. If anyone has the part number and / or a source for ordering the part I would really appreciate it. :)

imported_Mike_M2

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Volvo Remote Tilt/Trim Switch

If the switch is anything like the Merc, just use a generic momentary switch. I bet Boatus or even this site would carry one that has a rubber waterproof cover of some sorts, it's only 3 wires and all you do is tap into the 3 heading to the other switch. Here's one, 96141, and it's waterproof.<br /><br /> go2marine.com/frameset.jsp?servletPath=/g2m/action/GoBPage/id/96137F/hiLiteSku/96141/categoryId/13154/

rwidman

Lieutenant

That would work if I could mount it. It's certainly worth considering. There is a commercial one available at marine stores that's essentially two pushbuttons in a plastic and rubber case but it's a surface mount and ugly as can be.<br /><br />The Volvo switch has a nice mounting plate and labels for up and down.

imported_Mike_M2

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I've seen normal looking toggle switches that have a rubber boot over it. Find one of those and all you need is a hole....

rwidman

Lieutenant

I found the Volvo part on the Internet but it's $70.00. That's complete with a plug in wiring harness, switch, and mounting plate. Or, there's a Mercruiser one for about $50.00 that probably has to be spliced in. Since I won't really need it until next spring I think I'll check the switch you originally suggested the next time I'm at the marine store and see how difficult it would be to mount. Or, just spend the cash and get the Volvo part. I might find a better price with a little effort.<br /><br />Thanks for the help.