volvo penta cobra outdrive manual question????

channybrosko

Cadet
yes i have a volvo penta cobra sx outdrive which the propeller in the outdrive is in peices in the hose i was looking for a manual on here i got all the ones but dont know which model mine is the numbers are tsk-sx-clt1 and is replacing that little rubber propeller difficuly not really right???

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: volvo penta cobra outdrive manual question????

Volvos have never had raw water pumps in their outdrives.

channybrosko

Cadet

funny you say that cause the parts guy could never find tha part see i took the hose off coming from the out drive and their was small little rubber pieces i looked on line and found the part which looked exactly like the little peices i was finding

channybrosko

Cadet

see i found the peices in the big hose before the sea water pump coming from the out drive

channybrosko

Cadet

so do you think its from my engine i just dont see how the peices would back out throught the sea water pump i dunno im just an auto mechanic thats learned everything from hands on my engine isnt getting water its a volvo penta could it be the sea water pump does it have a rubber impellar cause thats the peices ive found is to one of those rubber impellars

Don S

WHICH PUMP DO YOU HAVE ??????

Simply having the hoses on backwards will get the pieces in the wrong hose.

channybrosko

Cadet

ok i have no pump at least not yet i was told from a friend of a friend if water is not coming out the propellar it usually needs a new water pump in the outdrive but he may not know i dunno but the hoses one the sea water pump are different sizes you cant put them on backwards the little one goes to the thermostat the bigger one comes from the out drive where i found all the peices of an impellar

channybrosko

Cadet

so is the sea water pump suppose to suck enough to pull water from the out drive or does the sea water pump have that impellar that im finding peices of or is it the water pump that has the rubberish impellar?

channybrosko

Cadet

update my engine doesnt have the pump on the crankshaft

Don S

What ia the full model number of your engine. The numbers and ALL the letters after the numbers.

channybrosko

Cadet

3 0gspbycce
3868748 Thnak you soo much for all your help Don S

Don S

Below is a picture of your raw water pump with the impeller in it. It's possible you hooked up the hose to the wrong fitting which is why the impeller left pieces in the inlet hose.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Raw water pump.jpg
    Raw water pump.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 0

channybrosko

Cadet

ill check it out but i never had the hoses off and they cant go the wrong way their two different sizes one big one small but thank you so much i really hope thats my culprit however you spell it lol

channybrosko

Cadet

but is it suppose to suck water up from the outdrive is that what brings the water up?

Don S

but is it suppose to suck water up from the outdrive is that what brings the water up?

Yes.

ill check it out but i never had the hoses off and they cant go the wrong way their two different sizes one big one small

Not sure what you are looking at, but on those pumps the hose sizes are the same.

Why don't you post some pictures of what you are looking at.

channybrosko

Cadet

IMG_0157.jpgIMG_0157.jpg

not the best pic but you can see the water pump at the very bottom left the big hose is off and the smaller one that goes to the thermostat is sticking out the side access area

Don S

Those pictures show nothing. Not what is hooked up to what or anything else. just a picture of your engine. What is that unhooked hose from the back of the boat? The pump in those pictures looks like it has both hoses hooked up to it, but why does the top one go into that box?

I have a feeling, if you get the hoses right, all will work fine.

channybrosko

Cadet

i pulled that hose off from the back of the pump you just cant see it and it comes from the outdrive you can barely see it in the back i wouldve took better pictures but i didnt have the boat with me so i had someone else take them for me volvo111.jpg