1995 volvo 5.7 leaking water from the.......exhaust what?

Navigator_Victory

Petty Officer 1st Class
Tried to pull up the parts/manual and it was taking forever so here is a pic sure it is a simple part and often replaced....it is the rubber boot and arrows are pointing at them.....I thought it was the water pump leaking but, now I know for sure these are leaking because the rubber was torn

If they sell these on iboats a link please and or if there is a better option for these?

Attachments

• exhaustblock.jpg
    exhaustblock.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 0

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: 1995 volvo 5.7 leaking water from the.......exhaust what?

The bolts are leaking water ????????

Navigator_Victory

Petty Officer 1st Class

Sorry---ignore the arrow on the right.....that is what it is connected to but, it is a rubber boot that is between the manifold? and the exhaust? I think sorry for the lame names but, as I know nothing trying to explain......there is some sort of rubber boot that connects and water is pushed through it I assume to cool the engine.....the rubber boot is cracked at the end letting water out

I have added another picture hopefully that will help

Best description I could give is it is about a 8 inch long by 5 inch diameter rubber hose

Attachments

• leaking.jpg
    leaking.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Navigator_Victory

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thank YOU !!!!!

Purchased from Iboats this morning and part will hopefully be on its way.....did not see where it was out of stock or anything......

Navigator_Victory

Petty Officer 1st Class

seems this should have been made out of some other material...if you did not have an automatic bilge this could get you in trouble in a big hurry

Navigator_Victory

Petty Officer 1st Class

For anyone else who has to replace one of these....get a manifold gasket also.....really pisses me off no one bothered to tell me you can not remove the boot without pulling the manifold port....or whatever it is called.....anyhow bottom line I should have asked or read up on how to replace the boot so bottom line it is my fault but, you would think someone would have said...btw when you do that it will not just pull apart.....anyhow it is fixed but, I lost half a day doing it....Not sure if Iboats has a suggestion area but,,,,when you sell this part.....also sell this part because he is going to need it to complete the work.....just a thought

CascoBay

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I would like to apologize for pissing you off.