Volvo 131

Dabuggy

Recruit
Hello, first time here, and you guys are doing a great job.<br /><br />I have a blown 131 (Severe knock from lower engine). I have searched for a repair kit for this motor and have failed. I would like a complete kit or should I just get a new 131 and put it in. If I go that way would I be able to go up to the 151 and still use the Alpha outdrive??<br /><br />Or could I even go with a chevy 6 cylinder?? The boat is a 90 Glastron 19ft.<br /><br />Thank you in advance. P.S. I really would like to get away from the volvo because the parts are very expensive, but all toys are.<br /><br />THANKS<br /><br />Mark

Dunaruna

Admiral
Re: Volvo 131

Hi Mark,<br /><br />I didn't see your post on the 30th, sorry.<br /><br />The AQ131 is basically a volvo 2.3L car engine. Its based on the B23. Parts are not obsolete, you should be able to get parts without problems.<br /><br />Here is a site that sells volvopenta engine parts but I'm sure there are others.<br /><br /> aq131A engine parts <br /><br />The 120,125,140,145,131,151, and 171 (all with variations - A,B,C & D) were all basically the same. The only major differences was that the 171 is a 2.5L twin cam, IMO you could safely step up to the 2.5L.<br /><br />A manual will give you the exact internal differences (bore, stroke etc.)<br /><br />Aldo