New Volvo Penta 130 Owner

wely

Recruit
I'm going around to all the different sections introducing myself. I have a 1971 Volvo Penta 130 I/O. So far so good. I plan to give it a good tune up and have it ready for the water by february. That's when the fish start bitting around here. Just remember spring is on the way. Only 2 more months till it gets warm again!

Bondo

Staff member
Re: New Volvo Penta 130 Owner

Only 2 more months till it gets warm again!

Ayuh,.... Welcome Aboard,...

Donno where you are, but in 2 months, it'll be about as Cold as it gets around Here...

am_dew

Chief Petty Officer

I'm going around to all the different sections introducing myself. I have a 1971 Volvo Penta 130 I/O. So far so good. I plan to give it a good tune up and have it ready for the water by february. That's when the fish start bitting around here. Just remember spring is on the way. Only 2 more months till it gets warm again!

Welcome Wely. I also own a VP 130 I/O and I've done my share of work on it, so feel free to hit me up with any questions you may have.

Is it Spring yet? :D

PiratePast40

Lieutenant Commander

Another one here with the AQ130. Mine happens to be the "D" flavor with the 280 outdrive. Like am_dew, I've done quite a bit of work on mine from rebuilding the carbs (twice :redface:), to ignition, and cooling system. This engine seems to be rather easy to work on but does have it's own little quirks. Don't hesitate to shoot up a flare to ask how someone broke, err, ahh, ... I mean fixed theirs!

sqbtr

Senior Chief Petty Officer

As an old foreign car tech, you gotta love those dual carbs...!!!!!!!!!!