5.7 Volvo Penta oil filter

speedmerchant

Seaman Apprentice
I have a Volvo Penta 5.7GS (5.7 PWTR, 1999) and would like to know what automotive filter number I can use to replace the current Mercruiser filter that is on there. We have a NAPA here and or Car Quest along with a Canadian Tire. Anyone have a part number off the top of their head. Also winterizing a friends 2007 3.0 Mercruiser, same filter by chance? Thanks guys.

James

Jeepster04

Chief Petty Officer
Re: 5.7 Volvo Penta oil filter

I just called napa and told them what I have. They had no problem looking it up and giving me the correct filter.

speedmerchant

Seaman Apprentice

tried that and they had no clue here, said they didn't have marine listings. So I said just give me a 1999 GM filter off a 350. All the ones they showed me were the long versions which won't clear the tight space where the engien is mounted.

My boat and I are in 2 different locations so I don't have access to the current filter part number that is on it also.

tkrfxr

Petty Officer 1st Class

tried that and they had no clue here, said they didn't have marine listings. So I said just give me a 1999 GM filter off a 350. All the ones they showed me were the long versions which won't clear the tight space where the engien is mounted.

My boat and I are in 2 different locations so I don't have access to the current filter part number that is on it also.

You can get it online by looking up your engine model and year....

http://www.marinepartsexpress.com:8080/empress2/servlet/Impart?level=two

speedmerchant

Seaman Apprentice

thanks to all and esspecially zbnutcase. Went and bought some 1069's. Thanks again!!

CascoBay

Petty Officer 2nd Class

For future reference to anyone searching, I use the SuperTech ST5 filters on my 2000 5.7L.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

for future reference there are 3 filter heights that may or may not fit all the above posters engine,manifold combinations avalible.
thats why there are 3 filters.

dubs283

Vice Admiral

ac delco pf 454 - same size as the merc v-8 filters