Penta Volvo 5.0 Cobra drain plug location

Brandonman

Cadet
I just bought a boat with a Penta Volvo engine 5.0 Cobra. Can some help to direct me to were all of the drain plugs are for winterization. How many plugs are there? Plastic or copper screw should I be looking for?

Thanks ahead

Brandonman

Cadet
Re: Penta Volvo 5.0 Cobra drain plug location

What should I look for to know if it is a Ford or Chevy?
thanks

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I would STRONGLY suggest you get either the full model number or the serial number of your engine, then go to the link below, and download an owners manual for your particular engine.
http://www.volvopenta.com/volvopent...lication_search/pages/publication_search.aspx

it's just totally impossible to give you any kind of accurate information with out knowing, model number, SN, type cooling system, year, type drive, fuel injected or carbed, etc.

Brandonman

Cadet

Don,
I tried finding this manual per your link but is came up as to match found. The info is below and does that seem correct for the engine serial number?
Engine#: 502APHUE
Drive Unit: 3868156 Ratio: 1.66

also, it is a carb system, raw water cooling( from lake water) v8 cobra and believe it is a Ford engine.

Any rough ideas to find drain plugs and how many would be great until I get a hold of a manual. I am familiar with winterizing Mercruisr but have never done it on a Volvo and don't know how different the draining system are. Its getting cold in MN so I would at least like to drain the water first until I find time to winterized it.
thanks