Help with Part Numbers - Volvo Trim Cylinder Seals

security6

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I need new trim cylinder seals for my boat (1999 Volvo 5.7 PEFS with a Volvo Cobra SX-M drive), but I can't find the part numbers. I looked here on iboats and I found engine schematics and drive schematics, but nothing showing part numbers for the trim/tilt system. I'd much appreciate someone showing me where I can find them. Thanks!

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Help with Part Numbers - Volvo Trim Cylinder Seals

Ayuh,... Last I heard, Volvo expects you to replace the complete Rams,+ Just the seals aren't available...

security6

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Ayuh,... Last I heard, Volvo expects you to replace the complete Rams,+ Just the seals aren't available...

Ouch. Any suggestions for a more cost effective solution?

dingdongs

Chief Petty Officer

being over here in uk i know all seals are replaceable.if you know what your after go to anyplace that rebuilds pumps or hydraulic cylinders.eg jcb etc.they will have seal books and may only cost a few dollars.if you have the seals take them with you .if your an engineer you can measure all dimensions of shaft of ram and dimensions of housing and thickness of seals.amount of lips are important too.you may even find mail order companies.sizes may be in millimeters as volvo is swedish.