Torque Sequence for Volvo Penta AQ120B

chbanta

Cadet
I have a 1978 Bayliner with a Volvo Penta AQ120B I/O - Could you please tell me the torque sequence for the head and the pounds per square inch? Thank you

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Torque Sequence for Volvo Penta AQ120B

First off, there is no such thing as an AQ1230B, second, torque sequence for what?

chbanta

Cadet

Sorry, I realized I didn't have it right. I editted my post to be correct and for the full extent of what I need.
Volvo Penta AQ120B - torque sequence for head and pounds per square inch, please.

Don S

Not sure why you don't have a manual, the head torque is the least of the information you are going to need before you get it running.
HERE is a link to the OEM manual. Download it, you're going to need it.

chbanta

Cadet

A manual did not come with the boat. it was a suggestion, on another site, to check the torque. Our boat is running, but seems to be running on two cylinders rather than four. When its out of water, it runs smooth. In water, it chokes on itself and eventually stalls out. Just trying things to see if we can take care of the matter ourselves.

Don S

Go up to my previous post and click the blue HERE. It's a link to the manual.
You have to learn to understand what you read.

Next, retorquing the head is NOT going to cure your problem. You need to check for spark, do compression tests, and find out what the problem is, don't just start taking things apart and torquing things down. That is NOT your problem/

chbanta

Cadet

Thank you very much for the insight and the manual. My husband, the dork, figured out as I suspected that the spark plug wires were wrong. Off to the lake!