volvo 290 rewire from scratch -out drive works but when it went all the way to the to

bigbad 4cyl x2

Petty Officer 1st Class
when i brought it all the way up into trailer position , i kept pushing the switch ,finally after a few maybe 8 seconds the 20 amp fuse blew then the hydraulic fitting came undone [ hose i made up] and fluid went every were . it is a brand new pump . im wondering if there is a trim limit switch or some sort of way to wire it to stop at the top . im doing my own wiring . any help would be appreciated . its a 290 Volvo out drive

Alpheus

Lieutenant Commander
Re: rewire from scratch - outdrive now working but when all the way to the top

i kept pushing the switch ,finally after a few maybe 8 seconds the 20 amp fuse blew then the hydraulic fitting came undone [ hose i made up] and fluid went every were ]

Why!!!

Im wondering if there is a trim limit switch or some sort of way to wire it to stop at the top .

Ya. When the drive is all the way up and you hear the pump start to bog down lLet go of the switch...

bigbad 4cyl x2

Petty Officer 1st Class

i will next time .i was excited it was working and it went up .then kinda hesitated a few seconds then went up into trailer mode i guess . it went pretty high i was happy then the dang fitting came loose and hydraulic oil squirted straight in my face and all over me . i thought it was maybe bleeding it self too.do Volvos have trim limit switches