volvo penta duo prop manual

nogin888

Cadet
I have just purchased a boat 23footer GPR centre cab with a AQ271 Matched to a duoprop. I did not get a manual with it the motor or leg can any email me a breakdown of the leg as i have to replace the exhaust rubber tube as it has been sliced, Does it hurt to run it? I intend to replace it a,s,a,p,and what to do it myself, is it a hard job? Any feedback would be greatly welcomed.<br />Nogin<br />nrogers@bigpond.net.au :D

Rob7Dawg

Cadet
Re: volvo penta duo prop manual

hello nogin. i'm new to boating myself but i just changed the exhaust bellow on mine. what size duo is it? mine is a dp290 and i had some trouble doing it myself but dont get upset. my bellow cost me about $40 on ebay. once you get the bellow you want to raise your outdrive all the way up. take the old bellow off and grab a wire brush and clean both sides where the bellow was, it will help you out alot!!!take some oil, any kind works, rub it around the inside of the new bellow and put it on the stern first. make sure its all the way back and then clamp it. lower the unit down about half way or a little lower. lube the oter side of bellow and try to put it on. lower unit if need be to get it a little closer because it might some like a son of a gun to get on. once on hook it to water and see if the water comes out. i will send you an e-mail that is good info if its the same.