2009 GLS195 Volvo 4.3 Wont shift forward but reverse ok

Eastmantech

Recruit
I have a 2009 GLS 195. I was out wake boarding and went to put it into gear and it made a winding noise and then went into gear after a few seconds. It did it again and we decided to head back in. On the way back in it got worse. It took like four minutes for it to go into gear. Today I checked the shift linkage on the lower end and made a couple of adjustments. Took it back out and seems to be working better than it did before with a real nice smooth shift. One thing that questions me is about moving the propeller. When in reverse, I can only turn the prop counter clockwise with no movement clockwise. When in forward i can turn it fine clockwise but can also turn it counter clockwise. It does eventually catch and not move any more but then if you move it back the other way a little bit, you can move it the wrong way a little bit more till it catches. Should this be something that I should be worried about. I took out the prop shaft and changed the lower end gear oil just to see if there was any metal shavings just to be safe. Everything looked ok. No water in oil, all the teeth on the gears look like they are in great condition. The only thing that really stood out was the actual unit that came out that incases the prop shaft. It look to have some cracks through out cylinder. Never looked at one before but was just wondering. This is my first boat and want to keep it in tip top shape. Thanks for any info. It has the Volvo 4.3 I/O