Volvo AQ131d circulating water pump

Fireman7777

Cadet
Hi,
I have an AQ131d in my sun runner. It has a heat exchanger on it. Right now it is running fine and the temperature is good, but I can hear a grinding noise like a bearing going out on the water pump. I've been checking around and it looks like it'll be about $350 to get a new one. I found one that is aftermarket that is the same replacement part number as the one that I found on the volvopentastore webpage, but it says that it is for a 2.3 liter volvo car engine. Is there any difference between these water pumps? Thanks!

Fireman7777

Cadet
Re: Volvo AQ131d circulating water pump

I just checked at my local Napa, and I can get one from them for $42 if it's the same!

captmello

Captain

might be worth a try. Can you return it if it doesn't fit?

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Take your pump to NAPA and compare. Bet they aren't even close.

Robj

Lieutenant

Take your pump to NAPA and compare. Bet they aren't even close.

I agree, take it to your Napa and check it out. I'll bet they are the same. Sorry Don, but I think you might be wrong on this one. There is a first time for everything. I replaced mine with one from the local auto shop and it was identical, that was 2 years ago.

Have a great day,

Rob.

Fireman7777

Cadet

I think this weekend I'll do that. Thanks for the feedback. I'll let you know what the results are, and the part numbers that I used...

Fireman7777

Cadet
Well, I still haven't done this. The water pump has been holding out fine even though it's making lots of noise. Last time I had the boat out, it started running funny, so I think I need to change the timing belt. While I'm at it, I'm going to take the water pump off my boat and take it in to see if it is the same as the automotive version here's the part number that I need - 271975. We'll see! Within the next couple of weeks, I should post back. Sorry for delay!

dennis461

Chief Petty Officer
STOP don't touch that timing belt unless you are absolutely sure it is broken.
The auto pump on my AQ131c is a T4129, ADVANCE AUTO.
You have to plug up a 3/4 inch port in the rear to use on your boat.
I can post pics if you need them.
But first make sure it's not the fan belt squelling.