HELP Volvo Penta throttle cable stuck.

Hello everybody. I was wandering if anyone could shed some light on why my throttle cable just got stuck. I got in to the boat and pushed the throttle lever (the one by the controls) forward and then couldn't pull it back. I tried and tried pulling back and the plastic piece broke inside, but the cable would not budge. I took the control lever apart and tired pulling the cable manually but no luck. Do I have to get a new cable? Is there anything I can do to loosen it? Please any help would be appreciated, I am new to boating and this is my first boat and I would love to take it out on the lake for 4th or July. Oh by the way its a bayliner capri with a aq131a engine (4 cylinder, single carb.) and a 275 outdrive. Oh almost forgot I have the outdrive off as I am replacing the U-joint bellow and a couple of bushings, but I don't think having the outdrive off effects the throttle right?

maxxman04

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: HELP Volvo Penta throttle cable stuck.

replace the cable while the outdrive is already off. cable probably corroded, not worth trying to free up or fix.

thanks thats what I thought, but the throttle cable has nothing to do with the outdrive. Where is a good place to order an new cable? I am in California.
thanks

maxxman04

Petty Officer 1st Class

right here. iboats.com top left corner where it says boat parts and accessories

thanks, I found the cable I needed. It's on order hopefully it gets here quick:D

maxxman04

Petty Officer 1st Class

very good. welcome to iboats.com. this site is full of great info, and great people willing to help.