Raw water hose on Volvo 270 outdrive?

ThePostMan

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Long story short, I've narrowed my engine heat problem down to the notorious hose connection on my 270 drive, and I've ordered a new "goose neck" connection and gasket. I also want to replace the water hose while I have it apart, but I can't find a part number for the hose itself.

Aside from a funky bend, this hose is just a plain ol' radiator hose, right? As long as I get the same inside diameter, cut it to the right length, and clamp it properly, I should be good to go, no?

If anybody else has made this repair, I'd appreciate any tips. It looks like a five-minute job, but we all know how those go!

Maclin

Admiral
Re: Raw water hose on Volvo 270 outdrive?

It may push thru the transom from inside, and not just be a clamp on fit on each end out on the drive. I know on my 290 style drive the hose has a flange molded on the end that is inside the boat, and it has to be installed by pushing thru from the inside. It is a very specific OEM part.

Maclin

Admiral

I see that the hose for the 270-280 drives is not flanged like the one for the 290 drive, but they are a very specific shape. No way I would try to use a straight heater hose in that short of a run with bends that tight.

ThePostMan

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Thanks all! I thought through all the "what ifs" except for that rubbing issue. Correct part ordered!

Robj

Lieutenant

Thanks all! I thought through all the "what ifs" except for that rubbing issue. Correct part ordered!

Good Move!!! You will not regret it. Happy boating

Have a great day

Rob.