Volvo Penta DPX trim sensor info.

CaptainKev

Petty Officer 2nd Class
This weekend the trim sensor started acting up. Initially, it worked fine. While turning hard to starboard to get out of the unload zone the trim gauge suddenly indicated that the trim was at trailer height. While straightening out, the trim indication corrected itself. Later in the day, the amount of time that gauge was reading correctly was getting less and less. By the end of the day it had crapped out completely.:( The trim sensor appears to be on the upper hinge rod, starboard side, fastened with a couple of hex. head bolts. It would appear that the strain relief on the cable has failed because I can feel the end of the outer wrap of the cable about half an inch away from the sensor body. I've got a couple of questions. I've tried the Volvo site for a replacement, but it's a dealer only part. So, where do I get one?. It looks like a royal pain to swap out. Has anybody that has changed one out got any advice, or directions? While I'm mechanically adept and up for a challenge.......If this is best left up to the dealership, so be it. Thanks for any help, it's appreciated.
Kev.