Motor flusher for Volvo AQ290???

bobvonryan

Seaman Apprentice
I have an AQ290 with a 350 chevy engine. I am trying to find the right motor flusher for that motor since the one I have doesn't seem to seal off the lower end well. The volvo lower end is a much sharper angle than what I am used to. Is there a special one for the AQ290?

captmello

Captain
Re: Motor flusher for Volvo AQ290???

I've got some muffs that have a small bracket around the front of the drive and it has a strechy cord with hooks to go around the back of the drive.

Are you plugging the hole in the bottom of the drive?

captmello

Captain

It's supposed to be plugged? Guess I need to change my impeller again.

you should plug it when on muffs. Is your punishment for not plugging it buying a new impeller?:)

You could idle on muffs without the hole plugged without a problem if you had good water pressure. I've forgotten to pull the plug and ran it on the lake with it plugged.:rolleyes:

spktho

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Not too sadistic here:), I always have a spare impeller anyway. I've only idled with the muffs on and the hole not plugged. I just thought the hole was an overflow or pressure relief type thing.

Thanks for the info.

bobvonryan

Seaman Apprentice

Thanks for the info guys. I guess that's my problem since I did not plug it. Time to head to the auto parts store. Thanks!

bobvonryan

Seaman Apprentice

Well that explains it. I found the muffs, but there wasn't any plug with them. So I plugged the hole and it works fine now (but you still have to screw around with the muffs to get max water into the intakes). :D

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner

I used duct tape to make a good seal.It works best when the drive is dry.J