Help Tip: If you have a question that has not been answered to your satisfaction in the archives, it is always best to start a new thread of your own. By starting your own thread, you will receive the maximum number of views by forum members.
Below are some additional forum policies in hopes of all iboats members will follow, Thank you.
1. Please do not reply to old topics or hijack existing topics. Old topics of a technical nature are like a library book, Please do not write in them.
2. Old topics should be considered archives and used for reference only. Please do not reply to them.
3. Do not take over someone elseís topic (aka hijack) with your own question, even if it is similar. If you have a question that has not been covered to your satisfaction in the archives, it is always best to start a new topic of your own.
4. If you have a question for the original poster (OP) and the topic is over 30 days old, send the OP a PM, he may not even visit the forums any longer, or may not notice your question in the old topic.
5. By starting your own topic, you will receive the maximum number of views by forum helpers that may not even notice your question when itís posted at the end of someone elseís topic. And those answers will be specific to your particular issue.
6. Please do not post to topics that have been inactive for more than 3 months unless you are the original poster. We have very active forums and any topic that remains inactive for that long should be considered "dead". It is especially confusing when there is an entirely new question posted to an old topic.
7. Posting at the end of any topic is considered to be hijacking the original posters topic which in turn subjects the topic to be closed if it continues to happen thus not making it fair to the original poster in the future had for some reason he/she needed to return for additional information or provide an update of the problem solved which is always welcomed within a reasonable amount of time frame.
8. Please note that you should see a red banner pop up near the bottom of each inactive topic asking you not to reply to old topics. The Red banner will read: Please note this topic has been inactive for 90 days. For the best results, please start a new topic.
Thank you all in advance for doing your part in helping iboats run a smooth ship.
Need a pump (oil MUST go in from bottom) and about 3 qts of factory synthetic gear oil. Remove bottom plug , dipstick and fill hole under the shift cover . (held on by 3 5/16 bolts). Clean the magnetics on the plugs and refill. I always run abit and then re check, I have never needed to add any extra, but worth piece of mind to me to recheck. I always check fluid level after brief run after changing any of them. Not being a jerk, just as FYI, get a factory manual, the factory manuals are only ones worth a darn and not that expensive, do not waste your time with aftermarket manuals, they are junk.
The boat is a 2005 Caravelle with the 5.0GL-E with the volvo penta SX-M Sterndrive. That's a bunch for the link, it's extremely helpful.
Can you please post a similar link to the engine.
One last thing. I'm confused on how often one should change the engine oil and lower unit oil. According to the manual it says 100hrs or once a season. What if I only use the boat 30-45 hours a season??