Newbie Here - 1990 Regal - Volvo Penta

ryanf77

Recruit
Hello. I'm obviously really new to boating! I bought a 1990 Regal with a Volvo Penta. Got the engine running finally and found the Outdrive won't lower. The Pump/Motor tries but it just won't go down. Is there some sort of lock or something that holds it up for towing that I am missing.. Thanks in Advance for the help...

Stretch468

Cadet
Re: Newbie Here - 1990 Regal - Volvo Penta

Hello Ryan and welcome aboard! I've found that most any question I had could be answered with the search option for the forums. Having bought my first boat in August last year, I've been on here a thousand times looking for myriad info; went to the search, typed in "tilt trim doesn't work" (for example), and got led to heaps of posts where it had been discussed before... hopefully this will help in your future endeavors. Best of luck

Maclin

Admiral

Welcome...

Lots of Volvo Penta people here but none are mind readers! so they will have to know the drive designation (275, 280, 290, DP or not, etc.). The tilt/trim configurations vary enough that it cannot be just guessed at.

ryanf77

Recruit

Sorry Guys... It is a 1990 Volvo Penta AQ131C. (Serial # 21318) The OutDrive is a 230SP. (Serial # 54090) From the Manual I have, It seems there is an electric motor that Runs a Worm Screw that Tilts the OutDrive up and down. However, I can not find this electric motor to test it. Anyone know where it is?

ryanf77

Recruit

Nevermind guys... I just figured out where it is and read many other threads on how to troubleshoot it... Thanks for the help...

Ryan