WIRING DIAGRAM FOR ECM ON A 1999 5.O GSI

DRFTWD

Cadet
Does anybody know where I can find the wiring diagram for a 1999 5.0 GSI engine. Particularly for turning on the fuel pumps. Relays work, but the ecm is not sending ground to the fuel pump relay. Not sure if problem is in the wiring or the ecm.

Bt Doctur

Supreme Mariner
there are reasons why the ecm does not turn the pump on.

Last edited:

DRFTWD

Cadet
Thanks, I did make an error in the engine, it is a 5.0 GI PWTR. However I was able to confirm continuity from the fuel pump relay to the ecm. The replay is working, but not being turned on by the ecm upon key-up. Also, have no spark. I suspect a bad ecm. Any other suggestions.

muc

"Retired" Association of Marine Technicians...
check ALL ECM grounds.
and make sure the ECM is powering up.
have you connected a scan tool yet?

DRFTWD

Cadet
Although I do not have a schematic for the ecm wiring harness, I did have continuity on J1 to the fuel pump relay, and continuity to ground on one pin to ground on that plug., I had 4 ground pins on J2.

muc

"Retired" Association of Marine Technicians...
sounds like you might want to get the right service manual and a scan tool.
a fuel pump driver fault isn't unheard of but rare enough that it would be a good idea to troubleshoot the problem.
or if you have a MEFI ECM like i'm guessing you do, they can be sent out for testing and repair

DRFTWD

Cadet
I have downloaded a manual, and I have the Clymer manual, neither of which have the needed information. I have a scan too, just have not had a chance to run the scan.

Thanks,
DRFTWD