Volvo Penta wiring HELP PLEASE!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TLubas

Cadet
Is anyone familar with or know how we can acquire a wiring diagram for a 2005 VP 5.0 GXi-E. We are going on 3 weeks down and having the hardest time figuring what our issue is which involves the power to the fuel pump and there is no available wiring diagrams for our engine. Makes no sense. Please can anyone help us out...

alldodge

Staff member
Found this one some time ago and have it listed as the 4.3 GXI so it should work for the fuel pump. The pump wiring are the same for most the EFI models.

VP 4.3 GXI wiring.jpg

TLubas

Cadet
Found this one some time ago and have it listed as the 4.3 GXI so it should work for the fuel pump. The pump wiring are the same for most the EFI models.

Thank you, No one has been able to tell us if another model is similar or not.

TLubas

Cadet
If you're going to spend 10's of thousands on a boat, spend the extra hundred and buy the shop manuals. They are never a bad investment.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-2005-Vol...VYCh~2&vxp=mtr
We have purchased the shop maual, The same that you added a link to, even tho it did not even list our engine on the cover we thought it was worth a shot but as i stated we can not locate a wiring diagram from volvo for the GXi-E anywhere!

Last edited:

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
It sould be same. The A,B,C......F are simply the year of manufacture of that series of engine

TLubas

Cadet
No... The ECM's have 3 row pin in all the schematics in the manual. Ours has two. They are not the same.

alldodge

Staff member
Being your GXI is newer, I would think you should have the 555 ECU which would have 3 rows of pins. Just incase you posting switched the counts, here is some from the Merc side. Don't know if VP used the 555 in your year but it might help. Wire color may be different 555 PCM Fuel pump.jpg
555 ECU pin out early years.jpg

TLubas

Cadet
Being your GXI is newer, I would think you should have the 555 ECU which would have 3 rows of pins. Just incase you posting switched the counts, here is some from the Merc side. Don't know if VP used the 555 in your year but it might help. Wire color may be different
thanks but They are not 555's and we are certain its 2 rows. My husband is a mechanic and its blowing his mind that there is not a wiring diagram. He has tested almost everything, switching relays form the running engine... swapping the ECM, all grounds, replaced sensors. He just needs to know these wires and cant find info that matches what we have anywhere.

boatguya1

Chief Petty Officer
Try re-seating the main engine harness plug at the engine. I have seen a couple GXi's turn the starter, but not turn on the fuel pumps/ign. that were fixed by removing and re-seating the main harness plug. Get it shoved in there good and tighten the clamp. one of my guys spent way to long chasing the first one.

TLubas

Cadet
Does anyone know if the cam sensor located inside the distributor has anything to do with powering the fuel pump?

Any helpful input or ideas on our issue would be greatly appreciated...

While driving left engine just shut off, no spit no sputter just shut down and would not start.
When we turn the key it beeps but fuel pump does not prime. relay is good pumps dont turn on.
Our alternator wires go to battery
and distributor 1 plug, haven't found a wiring schematic that looks like what we have yet and the dealers are telling us they didn't make one (2005 5.0 Gxi-E) and are trying to understand how the power is not getting to fuel pump and what wires to look for that may be shorted....

TLubas

Cadet
Does anyone know if the cam sensor located inside the distributor has anything to do with powering the fuel pump?

Any helpful input or ideas on our issue would be greatly appreciated...

While driving left engine just shut off, no spit no sputter just shut down and would not start.
When we turn the key it beeps but fuel pump does not prime. relay is good pumps dont turn on.
Our alternator wires go to battery
and distributor 1 plug, haven't found a wiring schematic that looks like what we have yet and the dealers are telling us they didn't make one (2005 5.0 Gxi-E) and are trying to understand how the power is not getting to fuel pump and what wires to look for that may be shorted....

TLubas

Cadet
Try re-seating the main engine harness plug at the engine. I have seen a couple GXi's turn the starter, but not turn on the fuel pumps/ign. that were fixed by removing and re-seating the main harness plug. Get it shoved in there good and tighten the clamp. one of my guys spent way to long chasing the first one.
thank you, no luck :(

Status
Not open for further replies.