Rebuilding service for AQ 270

Old-boat

Recruit
Hello folks ....I have a new "old boat" with a Chris Craft Marine fwf 350 connected to a AQ 270 Volvo-Penta drive leg. I have visited a few threads while searching for a shop to disassemble and inspect and renew this drive. I have read many interesting post by a source named Ricardomarine out of Portland Washington ..... Rick seems to be quite knowledgeable re these older drives as well as refitting the 270 leg with updated adjustable trim from donor 280's ? Or 290's ? transom plates & inner housing ...not sure which. If anyone reading has contact info for Ricardomarine ....please advise me of such ....thanks in advance

kenny nunez

Captain
Adding power trim is a good move. If he can supply you with a 290 transom plate that is the way to go. The 280 plate is less desirable because of the way the trim rams are set up. He probably has a lot of used parts. The Volvo drives are really tough and once it is re sealed and inspected you will never wear it out as long as it has oil in it. Also they hold up the best in a salt water environment than the other drive systems. I was a dealer for them from 73- 03 when I retired.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Welcome aboard

Rick is a great mechanic. you can google him

Any good Volvo tech can swap your 270 for a 290SP or 290DP/DPA