How do I know my transom assembly was rigged right?

RCSConstruction

Chief Petty Officer
Stupid question probably but here goes.. haha
I am going to pull my motor again this weekend and want to find out if it's possible my transom is rigged correctly? Is it possible for the two plates (the inside and outside that sandwich between transom of the boat) are cocked or out of alignment, or something?
I wouldn't know what a "messed up" install looked like.
Motor/outdrive in my sig line.
Thanks

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
anything is possible. generally the X-dimension is somewhat off from optimal, however the lateral centering is usually spot on.

your boat is 14 years old, I wouldnt worry about it.

RCSConstruction

Chief Petty Officer
anything is possible. generally the X-dimension is somewhat off from optimal, however the lateral centering is usually spot on.

your boat is 14 years old, I wouldnt worry about it.
Thank you sir!
Only thing that worries me id the boat only has 60 hours and it looks like it's had the motor removed at least once. The second owner was clueless about boats, he only used it 15 hours and dumped it for 8k less than he bought it for. I never got the feeling he knew anything was wrong with it, he got kicked out of his storage and shut his business down. He was selling off everything for dirt cheap. (2012 chevy 2500 for 5k, 10k camper for 3k, etcc)

So it just makes me wonder because of all my alignment issues.
I will look into the X and lateral measurements and try and figure how to do that.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Alignment needs to be checked every other year when you replace the impeller.