Tilt Warning Light

iw378

Cadet
Hello all. I have an aq225d volvo penta engine with a 280 drive. 1982. The tilt motor works as it should but the light next to the switch does not.
I Pulled the bulb out and tested it with 12 volts of power and the bulb is fine. I am pretty handy with tools and have rewired a couple of cars. but I do not know how to chase this down,, I just want the light to work like it should. Guidance in diagnosing would be great.
Thanks

iw378

Cadet
The back of the light has a red wire coming off of the tilt switch to one terminal on the light. It is hot with 12 volts. The other wire on the back of the light is yellow with a green stripe. When I tested the bulb I applied 12 volts to the terminal that had the red wire on it and grounded the spade where the yellow/green wire was. Just giving more info

iw378

Cadet
I fixed it. I started at the relay box and found the problem using a test light. The yellow and green stripe wire had continuity from the limit switch all the way out to both sides of the connector in the gunnel, but at the light terminal end nothing. So I figured the wire was broken and it was. The prior owner installed some stuff and drilled right through it. spliced and heat shrunk it and the light works as it should.