Started , died wont restart

89retta

Senior Chief Petty Officer
I have a 2004 Caravelle with the 4.3 GXI-E. Had the boat out all day yesterday and ran with no problems, Today I put it back in the water fired right up put it in reverse and died. Wont fire back up. Checked my fuses and 50 amp breaker and they are all good. Put my hand on the fuel pump and had my wife turn the ignition on but couldn't feel or hear the pump turn on. What should my next step be to find the problem ? Would the pump still turn on if it was kill switch related ? Thanks for any help.

alldodge

Staff member
What should my next step be to find the problem ? Would the pump still turn on if it was kill switch related ?

Being a GXI its fuel injected, so start with the fuses. There are fuses for the main, and fuel pump relay's. If fuses are good, then get a voltmeter and start tracing power feeds from the key switch to the motor

89retta

I checked my fuses , but not the relays. Also I was reading through old posts and Don S had said that the pumps run off a green wire from the alternator once started. Yesterday I was having problems with my audio system cutting out at higher volumes. Perhaps my alternator is gone ?

89retta

I only have 3 relays on my fuse box.
fetch

89retta

Back up and running. I'm now a proud member of the dumbass club. My lanyard for the kill switch dislodged partially so it was still on but off enough to trigger the kill switch.

Bondo

Staff member
My lanyard for the kill switch dislodged partially so it was still on but off enough to trigger the kill switch.

Ayuh,.... On the bright-side,.... Yer not the 1st member of that club,....

89retta

Its not my first either. Last year tossed the anchor over and then realized it wasn't tied on. Almost did it again today .

89retta

Lac St Anne. Went to launch at Wabamun yesterday in town but was a little busy. So went back to St Anne and launched at west cove