5.7 Volvo penta not getting power to fuel pump

Jzaludek

Recruit
New to this but not new to boating.... I just recently bought a 2005 Monterrey 263 deck boat. It has a 5.7 Volvo Penta fuel injected motor. I took it out on the lake the other day and everything ran great. I did notice a little jumping in the steering that appeared to be coming from the outdrive but other than that nothing else. I pulled same into the dock and shut off to back trailer down the boat ramp I then tried to start boat back up to load it and it will not start. Boat will turn over but will not start. I have checked the safety land yard, and every connection the best I can. I had a friend check out what he could and he said that the fuel pump is not receiving power. I have traced back what I can and can't figure it out. Any help out there?

Dave-R

Chief Petty Officer
You will need to check if the fuel relay is getting power to it. If it is you can swap the drive relay that is identical to the fuel pump relay. I would also check the ignition switch to make sure you are getting power to your kill switch, as this powers the fuel pump relay. Also the fuel pump connections are kind of prone to be loose. You could jump the fuel pumps to make sure they do operate. Good luck Dave-R

alldodge

Staff member
Howdy

Have you check the fuses yet? They are close by the relays