Water in air filter and valve cover vent tube

Thomas76

Recruit
Ive got an 07 stingray with a 4.3 liter volvo penta with a 2 barrel holley, i noticed it wanting to miss and pop back through the carb every now and then yesterday, took air cleaner off the top of carb and found a little water in air cleaner and milky condensation in vent tube coming from valve cover, what could cause this, thank you!

Bondo

Staff member
i noticed it wanting to miss and pop back through the carb every now and then yesterday, took air cleaner off the top of carb and found a little water in air cleaner and milky condensation in vent tube coming from valve cover, what could cause this,

Ayuh,.... Welcome Aboard,.... Yer seein' condensation, which will be sucked into the motor, burnt, 'n expelled in the exhaust,....

That has Nothin' to do with a lean condition,....
Water in the fuel filter is more apt to be yer problem,....

Thomas76

Recruit
Ok thanks, that makes me feel better, i just got the boat, dont have but 150hrs on it, has been setting up for 6 months, i did a complete tune up on it because it would hardly run, ive ran seafoam through it twice but still has a slight miss at half throttle, do you think the carb needs cleaning or just a new fuel filter

Bondo

Staff member
Ayuh,.... I'd start with inspectin' the Contents of the filter, 'n change the filter,....

If it don't straighten out, you'll have to move further,...

loco

Petty Officer 2nd Class
If not water in fuel, check timing and carb. My Holley had its accelerator pump lever semi seized up, so would run lean when accelerating.