New Duo Prop Propellers

Outsider

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Barry, mine is a '94 with 5.7 Gi. When I bought it, had B-6s, achieved 4250 RPM, speed 45mph, best cruise at 3200 = 29.5. Went to B-5s: WOT went up to 4500, speed still ~45mph, 3200 = 29mph cruise. Haven't tweaked a flow gauge, but believed to be 2.5mpg give or take a tenth or two ...

BarryTurano

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I am going to drop down from 5 to 4. Does anyone have any info on the "I" series props? I take it that 5 to 4 is less pitch?! If my rpms increase then I should be able to keep the same cruise at a lower RPM? Sorry for all of the questions I am just a little confused.

BarryTurano

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Just ordered a set of D4's. The D series is still being made just not being sold as pairs. Existing stock is sold as pairs. Otherwise you need to buy the forward and aft prop separately. I was looking at the I series but did some investigating and found the I series has cavitation problems. So I went with the D series in a lower pitch to compensate for the horsepower going from 250 to 230. I'll post up once they are on and I will let everyone know the results.