volvo penta 5.0L 302 ford rich condition HELP! SOS

2stumps

Recruit
Hello- I have a 1996 Volvo 302 EFI Model # 3856684, Has been hard starting for a while according to the previous owner,I just purchased this boat, he had to keep the throttle revved quite high to get it to fire-up, and then when it does finally fire up it runs really rich, now i'am somewhat mechanically inclined and have worked on heavy equipment for 35 years. I have done all the usual tests, e.g. fuel press ( ok 35 psi) TPI tests right where it should, new ICM, Timing is set correctly, two new fuel pumps, fuel pressure regulator seems to be fine, pressure does not go above 36 psi at any time. The thing that i think that could cause this condition could be the temp sending units, could they be keeping it in a rich condition all the time instead of just for start-up. Has had all new plugs, ignition wires, cap rotor, module in distributor. Has any one had this same problem, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. 2stumps

2stumps

Recruit
I found the problem myself, It seems it was the temp sensing unit for the computer, removed it and tested it, sensor seemed to be working just fine but the terminals were corroded, so cleaned them up and reinstalled, now starts and runs just like new. Thanks for no replies. 2stumps