Engine stall

Alaboat

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I was out on the river this weekend and we were cruising about 30 MPH and all of the sudden, the engine died like I just turned the key off. I checked to make sure I hadn't pulled the e-stop cord by accident. Engine started right up again, took off and planed out and happened again. Thinking maybe I had gotten water in gas at recent fill-up, I pulled the filter/separator and poured into a bucket to look at gas. Didn't look like any water was there. Could a little water in gas cause this to happen even if it wasn't enough in the separator to see? This happened one more time and we turned back around and headed home. We were only out about 45 minutes.

Dave-R

Chief Petty Officer
Check the ignition switch for a loose wire. Also the engine harness, for tightness. Sounds like something is not making a good connection. Dave-R

Alaboat

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Check the ignition switch for a loose wire. Also the engine harness, for tightness. Sounds like something is not making a good connection. Dave-R

Thanks Dave, I'll check that out. Along those lines, sometimes I've noticed when I try to start the engine, it's as though the engine is in gear and nothing. I then have to slightly move shifter forward or back until it works even though it's in the neutral detent. Wonder if this is related?