5.8FSI No Start

Status
Not open for further replies.

alldodge

Staff member
It's not pumping. When I put the key to "on" position, there is no noise. Does low voltage burn up pumps?

Never heard of low voltage burning up a pump. Check real close at the connections going to the pump. There could be a bad connection and pay close attention on the ground side. I mean to check all the way back to the exact ground location

ChrisinPHX

Seaman

• Hi, I realize this thread is a bit dated, but it is incredible relevant to my situation. I would like to do the modification to the vent line from the fuel reservoir. I don't have an extra way to tap this into the tank. Can I just splice this vent line into the existing vent line the tank uses? Thanks, Chris

• "This engine type has a fuel reservoir at the back of the engine. THIS FUEL RESERVOIR CAUSES MANY ISSUES.
    It is basically a small fuel tank that stores a small amount of fuel for the high pressure pump. There is a small float inside that is connected to a valve.The purpose of the valve is to vent excess fuel vapors to the intake manifold.
    if you look there is a vent hose that goes to the bottom of the intake air tubes.
    What happened to my engine was that the pumps would run and overfill the small tank, thereby flooding the engine.
    this would cause a no start condition.
    THE SOLUTION- FIX: Disconnect the vent line from the intake plenum, then connect a long fuel hose to the vent connection at the fuel reservoir and connect it to your boats gas tank if possible. VERY IMPORTANT DO NOT LEAVE THE HOSE DISCONNECTED- FIRE HAZARD. You have to put a plug cap on the intake plenum to prevent a vacuum leak. This fix will eliminate many of the fuel pump reservoir issues that plague this system."

Status
Not open for further replies.