Boating taking in water(new bellows this week)

Senior B

Petty Officer 1st Class
Is the mechanic going to cover any of the cost of their mistake??

Maxum21

Petty Officer 1st Class
Is the picture below the front or back of my bearing?
my mechanic actually got back to me and is supposed to come help me get this bellow and bearing finished up tomorrow. I realized i dont have a bearing puller anyway and it doesnt seem possible to get the old bearing out without one..IMG_1369.jpg

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
It can actually go in either way but people normally have that side face the rear. In theory you can pull the bearing out of its carrier by having that side face aft but no one ever does,

310Doral

Recruit
HI Maxum21 do you have any updates to your posts ? I am having the exact same issue with a duo prop drive on my boat. The bellows were changed last year and when we pulled the drive this week there was water and the bearing was seized up. Any update would be appreciated. Thanks

Maxum21

Petty Officer 1st Class
it was the aftermarket bellow in my case. To me it seemed like a sloppy fitting design. The oem bellow was much tighter(and also a bit harder to get on) but that solved my leak. I would find out if yours are oem or not and go from there. I would also inspect the grease fitting tube on the side of the housing. There is no question that is a possible entry for water