Volvo DIY Manual vs Volvo Shop manual vs Seloc 2003-2012 Manual

travelon1979

Cadet
I have the 2010 5.7 Gi-300-J with SX single prop

Anyone have any experience with any of these manuals?
I was curious if the Volvo DIY manual covers only the routine maintenance?
I've read good and bad about the Seloc manuals.

I'm mainly looking for a step by step on removing the outdrive each season for routine maintenance. I wonder if the DIY manual covers this.

Thank you for any guidance.

scutty

Seaman Apprentice
I have Seloc manuals and are not impressed. The volvo shop manuals are good and readily available to download or view online. Check out http://boatinfo.no/lib/library.html. But honestly your best best bet is to spend some time going through the Adults-Only stickies at the top of the forum. It is *the* best source of DIY info out there. Then if you get stuck, post a question here.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
around here, Seloc and Clymer manuals make good knee pads. get a Volvo Shop Manual.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Even a Seloc is better than what you have now. Factory is best.

travelon1979

Cadet
around here, Seloc and Clymer manuals make good knee pads. get a Volvo Shop Manual.

Do you have the DIY manual or the shop manual. The DIY manual is $60 and $120 something for the Shop manual. I'm fine spending the money, just curious if the DIY manual has the outdrive removal outlined as well as all the routine maintenance. Wish there was a to review some examples of what it looks like before buying. I'm pretty technical but not sure if the shop manual will be too technical. I'm thinking the DIY manual will be simplified and cleaned up for all the routine stuff

dypcdiver

Lieutenant Junior Grade
There are several step by step write-ups on this site regarding removing the dive, have a go with the search at the top of the page.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Do you have the DIY manual or the shop manual. The DIY manual is $60 and $120 something for the Shop manual. I'm fine spending the money, just curious if the DIY manual has the outdrive removal outlined as well as all the routine maintenance. Wish there was a to review some examples of what it looks like before buying. I'm pretty technical but not sure if the shop manual will be too technical. I'm thinking the DIY manual will be simplified and cleaned up for all the routine stuff

I downloaded the shop manual for my 290DP from the volvo penta site. cant beat it.