Volvo 4.3GL V6 engine sparking & getting fuel but not starting !!

Hi, when searching for answers I found this website, very useful & intersting, great idea for getting/giving help. So I have a 4.3GL V6 in for repair, the engine had overheated & burnt the exhaust hoses, they have been replaced, when replacing I noted the loom coming from boat to the multi plug had been damaged as it passes over the metal part of the exhaust, I opened, seperated the wires, they where taped up & not broken that I could see. The engine will not fire up. I have checked for spark & fuel flow & both are present so the only thing I can think of is that the distributor is damaged, not enough to stop spark but enough to throw the timing out perhaps ? the engine was running when I slipped it onto the trailer to replace the hoses, it stalled just as I was getting it onto the trailer but thought nothing more of it until I went to start it. There is one small fuse box at helm with all fuses checked & ok so I am now unsure as to what/how to check things out. Hopefully someone can help me thanks.

alldodge

Staff member
Howdy

Did you check for spark coming from the coil wire or just a spark plug? Is it a strong spark white or blue color?
You can see fuel go in the carb when the throttle plate is opened?