2005 5.7 Gi HP rating?

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
The GI should be 280hp starting in 2002

BellevilleMXZ

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Was afraid of that.....2005 270 Rinker I looked at on weekend was SUPPOSED to be a GXi, but when looked is only a Gi

Tail_Gunner

Admiral
Don't sweat it,look up the cam part number for the gxi vs the gi. Are they the same part number?

mandmj

Seaman
It may not be the end of the world. I have an 05 GXi 5.7. When I was looking at other boats, and researching the one I have, I came across a lot of info on the Gi as well. IIRC they are both the same engine, w/ the exception of different rocker arms (1.6:1 Crane roller tips) and an ECU tune. They might have different valve springs, not sure about that. The reviews of the Gi when new always seem to state that it was a strong 280hp and thought to be closer to 300. Also, the main power diff of the GXi is only in the high RPM range, no significant torque difference. I would hope a boat of that size would have a DP drive, and it won't be a speedboat w/ any of the 5.7 options, but many reviews when new of the Gi strongly questioned the value of the GXi for the extra cash outlay.

BellevilleMXZ

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Cool, thanks , that makes me feel better.....yes DP. I was surprised how little info seems to be out there, compared to Merc