Volvo Penta 3.0 sx has water coming out spark plugs and more

sbreade

Recruit
I had my boat overheat and shut it down and replaced the impeller. Next the starter went out replaced it. Now I had hydolock lock pulled plugs and got water out but have water in my oil. What should I do next? How did the water get in the oil?

alldodge

Staff member
I had my boat overheat and shut it down and replaced the impeller. Next the starter went out replaced it. Now I had hydolock lock pulled plugs and got water out but have water in my oil. What should I do next? How did the water get in the oil?

Howdy and :welcome:

Sorry to hear your troubles, but when your engine overheated you probably blew the head gasket. First get all the water out of the engine, put fresh oil back in and do a compression test. You could go straight to pulling the head and not do a compression test, your call. Hope you didn't crack the head or block

bnicov

Petty Officer 1st Class
Hopefully its just the head gasket. Do a compression test as mentioned to narrow down where the problem is. Make sure you change the oil first.

Fishermark

Vice Admiral
A common cause of water in the system is through a failure in the exhaust as well. Check your manifold and elbow / riser as well for corrosion or leaks.