60hp Sea King STILL not running

JBell719

Cadet
So after way to much time with this wonderful engine. I have had to rebuild the fuel pump, run new lines, run all new wiring.
I have plenty of fuel in the boat, replaced spark plugs (spark was very weak on old plugs), now it appears that the fuel is not making it to the cylinders. I've had the reeds out to make sure that everything was in working order. These are by far the cleanest reeds I have ever seen. Very quickly running out of money, time and patience.

F_R

Supreme Mariner
OK, this being a new thread, please list everything you have done so far. I know you had wiring questions. I assume that has been resolved? How are you testing spark? Will it jump a 1/4" gap? If not, what? Have you checked for the distributor rotor arcing through to the shaft? Have you checked for the coil arcing through the side to the case? Are all connections at the stud going through the mag case shiny clean and tight, inside and out? Are you sure the belt timing is correct? Wires on correct plugs? These are among the most common problems. Sorry, can't inspect your motor from here.

Unless the carburetor is gummed up, I doubt the gas to cylinders diagnosis.

JBell719

Cadet
I have corrected all the wiring issues, that you so much for you help on that one. I have pulled all the plugs out and watch spark jump the gap. As far as the timing I will have to take pictures to show that. I believe that its correct. I have a mark on the flywheel as well as the top of the mag, I lined them up and tightened it down. I do not have a back fire which is a good thing. There are 2 reason that I believe this is now fuel related: New spark plugs today, and they are still dry, and do not smell of fuel. I have pulled the carbs off today to recheck things there, when I pulled the 2 drain screw out of the bowl on the carb there was barely a trickle of fuel coming out. I am going to go grab a float needle tomorrow. I tried to just fill the bowl while I had it off, but when putting the e-clip on the fast idle adjustment, i spilled all the fuel right back out!