5hp gale bucanner wont run at full speed

gordofordman

Recruit
Hey everyone im new to this fourm and need some help. I recently bought a 5hp gale bucanner motor and it was running great for the first few weeks then last few times ive gone out its been a little harder to start (takes 2 or 2 pulls instead of 1 ) and ive noticed that its not getting up to full speed at full throttle. I like to try to fix this myself if possible instead of taking it sonewhere as funds are low lol.
Thanks everyone
Hope i can get this figured out

F_R

Supreme Mariner
No Title

Is it like half speed or less? Probably running on one cylinder. Have the coils been replaced yet? They ALL are bad, unless already replaced. Get new ones here at iboats.

Attachments

• photo218209.jpg
    photo218209.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 0

gordofordman

Recruit
Is it like half speed or less? Probably running on one cylinder. Have the coils been replaced yet? They ALL are bad, unless already replaced. Get new ones here at iboats.

No like when it in neutral it revs rite out and runs perfect. But when its in gear it wont rev rite out at full throttle it like a slow idle but at full throttle

F_R

Supreme Mariner
What you just said is so classic. You wouldn't believe how many times I've heard that very description. You can almost bet the farm it is running on one cylinder. Find out why and fix it. It's an ignition problem.

gordofordman

Recruit
What you just said is so classic. You wouldn't believe how many times I've heard that very description. You can almost bet the farm it is running on one cylinder. Find out why and fix it. It's an ignition problem.

How would i fiugure out if it is ignition problem??

gordofordman

Recruit
Can i post videos in this fourm?? Going to taje a video of how its running that mite help eveeryone u derstand what its doin

steelespike

Supreme Mariner
Be sure it will start then;
un hook one plug wire at a time and see if it will run.

F_R

Supreme Mariner
What steelspike just said is correct, but let me explain it further. Disconnect one spark plug wire and ground it. Now see how it runs. Then do the same with the other one. Chances are it won't make any difference with one grounded, but won't run at all with the other one grounded. That is the good one. Now find out what is wrong with the other one.

A video would be educational and entertaining, but I know exactly what you are describing without it. I've been hearing customers say that for over 20 years.