Spark plug question - Eska 1973 3HP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tpl

Cadet
Hi everyone,
I'm new to this forum! I've been reading you for a month now. It's time for my first thread!
My 3hp eska motor
run actualy with a J12yC spark plug
The owner manual state that I must use a J13y spark plug

A seller at my local shop said that a RJ18YC will be fine.

I dont know much about spark plug! Can someone explain me if the RJ18YC will be Ok?
Thanks

Tpl

Cadet
Hi @brim_buster,
Can I take the chance of asking you if you got a electronic version of your owner manual?

Last edited:

brim_buster

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Yes I do. If you shoot me your email I will send you a copy. It covers up to 15 hp.

steelespike

Supreme Mariner
Your motor is fine with a J12Y it is just a little cooler than the J13Y.
If you troll a lot you may get a little fouling. The 13 indicates the heat range. Rj18YC.
R is a resistor plug i don't recommend for your motor 18 Is too hot,C means copper core thats good.
The J and Y refers to reach and size I forget in which order but obviously is right for your motor.
If I remember right reach is 3/8" size is 14 millimeter.

Tpl

Cadet
Your motor is fine with a J12Y it is just a little cooler than the J13Y.
If you troll a lot you may get a little fouling. The 13 indicates the heat range. Rj18YC.
R is a resistor plug i don't recommend for your motor 18 Is too hot,C means copper core thats good.
The J and Y refers to reach and size I forget in which order but obviously is right for your motor.
If I remember right reach is 3/8" size is 14 millimeter.

Thanks for that comment. Very useful. I think I will stick with the J12Y. I will try to find it online or at my local shop. I will troll a lot with the motor.

Status
Not open for further replies.