Eska Info Needed

Hi guys, new to the forum and wondering if anyone has a repair manual for a 7.5 eska serial#7e 010999 and chassis #217.58589.0 . Also if anyone may be aware of what year this is and known common problems and preventative measures to ensure reliability. I know I have seen posts on making sure the ign. Coil is ground when cranking and to replace the impeller. I have just ordered new fuel pump and carb parts from boatsportandtackle.com. As of now I know that my shift/steering lever feels very sticky and needs to be disassembled and lubed. Thanks for all your help and what you all do.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Welcome aboard.

Moved this from an old thread and started a new thread for you. Please don't post in threads with no activity for 90 or more days. Thanks.

64osby

Admiral
Welcome to iboats.

I see you ordered parts. Is this a running motor?

My personal opinion on Eska motors is not good. If it is a running motor you may have some luck.

If it is a project you are better off throwing your money at an old Johnson, Evinrude or Gale. They are easy to fix, parts are available and seem to run forever.

brim_buster

Lieutenant Junior Grade
1977 7.5 hp. Ive owned a couple and except for the solid state ignition mine always ran good had plenty of pep and could push me in a 12 ft alum flat bottom up the river no problem. I sent you a message about the manual you requested.

Last edited: