How to remove drive shaft from Gamefisher(Eska) 1986 7.5hp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys. I've been roaming the forum and am learning tons from all of you. I have a problem I can't find any topics anywhere on. I just purchased 14' richline semi V to take the family out and it came with a broken 7.5hp gamefisher. The gentleman I bought it from said he pulled the boat out of the water with the motor down and the gear housing and leg were broken along with bending a stud and the drive shaft.
The problem I'm having is removing the driveshaft to straighten it or to try to find a used one. I've removed two retaining clips on the prop shaft(inside the housing) but when I pull on the shaft the assembly gets hung up on the clutch. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Motor is a 1986 gamefisher 7.5 hp model # 217-586753

brim_buster

Lieutenant Junior Grade
I have a manual for that motor in PDF format if you would like a copy. Private message me your email address and I will send it to ya...

clareank

Recruit
I have a manual for that motor in PDF format if you would like a copy. Private message me your email address and I will send it to ya...
I have exactly the same problem. Can’t get the driveshaft out, stuck at the top. Is there anyway you could send that manual to me as well? Would very much appreciate it.

MODERATOR EDIT: Please review the forum rule about posting to old threads. It is best to start a new thread about your issue.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.