OVERHAUL PROBLEM

ziton

Seaman Apprentice
Hi
I overhauled my 30hp- 2 stroke. The block was machine for oversize pistons. The head was milled just to clean it. Got it all back together.
When I pull the rope if it hits it stops
banghead.gif

I asked others they said I need an electric starter. I doubled the oil mixture being new rings piston and cylinders.
Any suggestions?
Thanks for your suppor. Duck season is only 8 days away
idontno.gif

steelespike

Supreme Mariner
What brand motor?
Are you saying if it fires it simply physically stops or it runs then stops.
Perhaps the plug wires are crossed.
Was the flywheel torqued properly.
Sometimes the key will shear if not torqued right.
If the motor got heavily flooded there might be enough liquid in the cylinders so it won't crank.
Perhaps the stator is some how messed up throwing off the timing.
If the plug wires are tired and touch each other voltage may leak.

Last edited:

ziton

Seaman Apprentice
ITS A 92 30HP NISSAN 2 cylinder 2 stroke. Ive put anew electric srarter on it.
How do you tell which plug wire goes where? the flywheel key is good is good. I may have put the flywhel from my other n30hp on cause it looked better.

ziton

Seaman Apprentice
Found the problem When I rebuilt the engine I noticed the magneto assemply from my other ns30a3 looked newer. I put it on but everything was 45* off.
The exciter coil, the trigger coil and the alternatior. Is it possible to simply move them on the coil plate assemply to the right place 45*. Or will the coil plate assembly have to be changed too?

ziton

Seaman Apprentice
Found the problem When I rebuilt the engine I noticed the magneto assemply from my other ns30a3 looked newer. I put it on but everything was 45* off.
The exciter coil, the trigger coil and the alternatior. Is it possible to simply move them on the coil plate assemply to the right place 45*. Or will the coil plate assembly have to be changed too?