Parts for 1983 Sea King 15

Howurd

Cadet
So besides Nicks Marine and Discount Marine is there any other place to order parts for these sea king motors? I guess with these parts being older and harder to get i shouldn't be surprised but to me to get points and condensers shipped to cost a $100 that seems a little ridiculous to me.

old islander

Petty Officer 1st Class
Are you sure you need the points? How did you clean them. I just brought a 1947 Gail back to life by making sure the points were closed, folding over a small strip of 400 grit wet/dry sand paper and pinching it between the points and pulling it out slowly. follow that with a blast of auto electric cleaner from the auto parts store. I did this 6 or 8 times and brought them back to life. Give it a shot. You may need only the condensers. That would help the blow to your wallet a little bit. The parts are expensive. Condensers for a 54 Johnson I was working on were $22 each.

SeaKaye12

Lieutenant Junior Grade
I agree with old islander; unless the motor has lots and lots of hours on it or unless the points are damaged in some way they can probably be cleaned and returned to service with no issues.

There is a Sierra equivalent for the points (also NLA) and right now there is a guy on ebay selling new ones for $16.99 each with free shipping. If I owned your motor I would be tempted to buy a pair at that price; even if the ones you have are still OK. Wouldn't hurt to have a spare set.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-OEM-Sie...Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f3c18cfca&vxp=mtr

steelespike

Supreme Mariner
I believe that is Chrysler built.I believe Sierra carries points and condensers and kits. In fact these appear to be the same from 4.5 to some 25s.