Need Help

PUTT-2

Recruit
Hello, new to board and need some information. I have a Gamefisher M# 217-585840 S# 08-175101. Found out it is built by Tecumseh in 1980. I need to know point gap and max rpm. I just started playing with engine and cleaned points (I set at .020) and cleaned carb. Seems to have good spark at plug but will not start. Engine has good compression and fuel in cyl. Reeds look ok. Unit has not ran for a couple of years. It did try to fire off once and that was it. Any help please.

PUTT-2

Recruit
Thank you. There were to manuals listed I can use. I don't think I will ask the poor guy for another 585841 copy.

PUTT-2

Recruit
Motor runs great and lower gear case works. Butt, water pump is bad which is not a surprise. I pulled the bolt out of the exh port and nut off the front of gear case. The problem is the lower case will not come loose. I don't know if line up pin is that tight are is there another bolt I am not seeing. Any help please.

steelespike

Supreme Mariner
Tecumseh supplied the power head the Motor is a 1980 Eska 7.5.
There is an alignment pin.If the lower is just plain stuck with no movement it would appear the pin may be stuck.
Its not unusual on some outboards for the drive shaft to get stuck in the crank.
Sometimes suggested to turn it upside down by the leg with a pad on the floor to protect the power head if it falls off.
Sometimes simply cranking the motor will loosen the shaft.

PUTT-2

Recruit
Thanks for the reply. I believe it is the pin. Possible a little corrosion has pin tight. Wanted to make sure there were no other bolts. Penetration oil and working it slowly.