Ted Williams 4.5 HP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Y_J

Cadet
Hi ya'll.. been lurking for some time but this is my first post as a member.
I've recently aquired a Ted Williams 4.5 HP from ebay. Not yet in my possession. Model number is 217-59464, Serial number 4D-520943.
I've been searching the net and can't seem to find any usable info on this motor. I could of swore that some time back I found a listing somewhere for the 217 series model numbers that told what year they were made. (I've also got a Gamefisher 3.5 HP, same series). I haven't been able to locate that listing or something similar. I'm pretty sure the engine was made by Eska, but it could also be Tecumseh.
Does anyone here have any kind of info about this motor and/or point me in the direction where I can find it. Thanks in advance.
BTW. My name is Herb but most of my friends just call me YJ
This is the top end of the motor:
TW6.JPG TW1.JPG TW10.JPG

Y_J

Cadet
Thank you so much, brim_buster. I appreciate it very much. So it's may be the same powerhead as my gamefisher 3.5 which is also a Tecumseh. Thanks again.

brim_buster

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Identical power head as long as they are close to the same year. I have the PDF repair manual if you would like a copy. Send me a private message with your email in it and I will shoot it to ya.

b79holmes

Recruit
Identical power head as long as they are close to the same year. I have the PDF repair manual if you would like a copy. Send me a private message with your email in it and I will shoot it to ya.

Hi brim_buster.
We also just purchased one of these 4.5 T.W. outboards, ran great but we are hoping it has a shear pin in the drive train.
Could I also get a pdf of this manual?
Thanks,
Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.