sears 3.5 hp question

JoeFromAkron

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I had someone give me a sears 3.5 hp serial # 21759900. I rigged up a fuel line because it was missing a fuel connector. It runs great. Then i noticed this thing does not have a fuel pump. Should it? All i did to test it was connect a hose the carb bowl and hold it up high.

twocyclemania

Chief Petty Officer
Not quite sure of the manufacturer but if it's an Eska it will have a diaphragm in the carburetor that pulses. Try to find the manufacturer and you can probably find a parts break-down somewhere by searching the internet. I haven't worked on my similar motors lately so my memory isn't the best but I believe in the absence of a fuel pump you'll find what I've described.

JoeFromAkron

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Its an eska, at least according to the info I found. I am pretty sure twocyclemania is right because it does not have an internal gas tank. Sears website has parts breakdowns but i couldnt really make out the diagrams. I was worried for a second that I was missing something because I've only ever worked on evinrude's. Thanks a bunch for the info guys

F_R

Supreme Mariner
Probably a bladder in a hole drilled into the carburetor flange, where it attaches to the manifold/reed plate. Like a flattened tube, one end open and other end sealed. It expands & relaxes with each pressure pulse as it runs.