west bend serial number

Lgfirecapt

Recruit
Hey all! Im new to the whole forum thing and figure id give it a shot. I recently bought a boat from my brother. I have been trying to find out some info on the motor but no luck mostly because i have no clue what year or model it is. I know it says west bend 500 on the side and 50 on the front. Any ideas on where i can find a serial number? I can upload a picture of it if needed. Thanks for the help!

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
pics are always best, and use photo bucket or something rather than the forum app.

Welcome aboard.

Lgfirecapt

Recruit
Here are a few pics of it. After i cleaned up some of the oil and dirt inside the motor i found a few numbers. I looked them up on a website i found that gives the west bend year and model and they dont match up. Ive looked at it up and down and cant seem to find anymore numbers.

F_R

Supreme Mariner
The only 50hp West Bends I can find are the model 5042 (1964), and 5052 & 5056 (1965). After that, they were called Chryslers. I believe you have a 1964 because 1965 models said "West Bend by Chrysler" on the hood.

Lgfirecapt

Recruit
Hey yall I was doing some cleaning up on the motor today and found a plate finally. The model number that it has is 50433. Cant find any info on it. Ive got a cylinder thats not firing due to a bad plug wire. I want to make sure I am ordering the right part. Any idea where I can match up the model number to the year? Thanks.

F_R

Supreme Mariner
Without official documentation, I still say it is a 1964. 50433 50=hp; 4=year; 33=special features (long/short shaft, manual/electric start, alternator, etc)